Wednesday 1 December 2010

Top Chef All Stars!

Top Chef All Starts premiered this evening and I couldn't be more excited for the rest of the season!
I became a fan of the show in college, and in all honesty I don't even know what season it was. I've tried to stay up to date on the show, but it has sadly fallen by the wayside in favor of other shows. But already I'm hooked once again.

They really did bring back the best of the best, and to top it off most of the "characters" are also all time favorites! Love them or hate them, this is going to be a great, entertaining, interesting and incredibly competitive group. For me, this is reality show heaven. It's scripted in a way that there is a purpose for each episode, but still real enough that the competition and drama become organic. Plus, its about food. Combine delicious food, fascinating people, high tension, emotion, contests and set it all in New York City... well then you've got my attention!

I'm always in awe of people who can cook the way these chefs do. Obviously a good handful of these contestants do have formal training, and an even larger group have been directly involved in the food preparation business for years. Chefs, restaurant owners, you name it - they've done it. But they're still relatable, normal people who have a passion for food and cooking.
I love cooking shows. I could watch the Food Network all day long. I've recently begun cooking and baking much more than I have ever before, and something about these shows just makes me feel like I can do or try anything... It's not like I'll get eliminated on national television for messing it up!

One major aspect of this show that I respect above all else is the fact that the judges actually know what they're talking about. Sure, music shows have musicians, fashion shows have designers and industry professionals, but this show really does have a good handful of people who know their business and every aspect of food preparation. They have knowledge, experience, and taste.

Okay, more later... too tired to write any more... but... more coming, I promise!
Anyway,

No comments:

Post a Comment